...because a WAHMmy never runs out of things to do, say, and think about. :)

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Top 5 WAHMmy Resolutions for 2013

Can you imagine that? 2012 is literally over and done with! The past year was truly a rollercoaster ride - scary, difficult, but nonetheless fun. 

This WAHMMy (work-at-home-mommy) has a bunch of changes to make in the coming year, but here are my Top 5 Must-Absolutely-Do Resolutions (in random order):



1. Organize my schedule. 

And I mean really manage it. Working online tends to make me think that I can do many things at the same time (well technically it does allow me to do that), but essentially, lots of stuff end up being half-finished. This year, I aim to make this teeny-weeny simple little change (I should have done before) called setting a daily timetable for online and offline tasks.  I've 'sought the help' of an online 'planner', Toodledo, to keep me on track with my crazy to-do lists. 


2. Find a more stable source of online income. 


The second half of 2012 was really challenging when it comes to finding a job through oDesk. Luckily, I did land a couple of new ones (one from a suki client), but still they were on a part-time 'as needed' basis. My goal for the year is to find a full-time gig that will give me at least 6 hours of work to do at least four to five days a week. 


My darling daughter K is starting in regular school this year (Junior Kinder) and well, the price of good quality education isn't really cheap. :) Thus the need for stability. 

3. Set and achieve Behavior Goals vis a vis Weight Loss goals. 

Yeah I know I know, we all aim to lose weight at the start of the year. And most of us end up gaining more. Reality. Hehe. 

But, my goal for 2013 is to start off with achieving my behavior goals, which in turn would help me lose excess weight - and keep it off. One thing to definitely change - eating habits. I'm a mega carbs consumer - rice, potatoes, pasta - can't live without them. This year, I plan to cut down a bit (note: NOT eliminate) on the quantity I consume. I'm also looking into trying out brown rice. More about this particular resolution on a separate post soon. :)

4. Devote more study time with my daughter. 

As I said earlier, K is starting out in big school this year. Though she did have a couple of months at daycare as well as a couple of months in summer school last year, I still couldn't say that she got enough 'experience' to feel instantly comfortable with the idea of a constant classroom environment for an entire school year. 

So what this WAHMmy aims to do is make sure I devote, at the very least, 30 minutes to an hour of the day to do some coloring, writing, or phonics study with K. Come March, I'll enroll her for another couple of months at summer school so she'd be reacquainted with the classroom environment before she starts with classes in June. 

5. Plot out/schedule mini vacays/staycations with hubby and family. 

I've always been yearning to enjoy short vacays and out of town trips within a year. So for 2013, I plan to plot at least 3 mini-vacays to various out of town locations. It doesn't necessarily have to require a plane ride, as the destinations have to be within our budget. Tagaytay sounds like a great place to start as it is just an hour and half ride from our place. I'm also thinking of doing a Pangasinan-Baguio trip since we have relatives in Pangasinan we'd love to visit too. 


So there, this looks like a formidable, but still do-able list of "Must-Absolutely-Do Resolutions". :) I'm so thrilled to make them all happen! 



How about you? What's your TOP 5  "Must-Absolutely-Do Resolutions" for 2013? Voice it out in the comments section below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment